Saturday, July 27, 2013

Running


Well, I knew it was too good to last.  We had a couple of months of nice runs where I pushed John in his push chair and Yoshie rode her bike with us.  But, that ended today.  He decided he didn't want to ride in the chair at all.  He kept trying to escape while we were moving pretty good.  That is kind of dangerous.   I ultimately had to run with him for about a quarter mile, pushing the chair with my left hand and holding on to John with my right.  That would wear him out enough that he would sit in the chair for a few minutes after that.  Repeat.   We didn't get in much of a run, unfortunately.
I could probably put the harness on there to force him to sit, but I don't want this to be torture for him.  I was hoping he would continue to enjoy the runs.  




At least we did get in a nice trip to the beach after the run:


He did pretty good at the beach again.  The only thing that freaked me out was that he grabbed a 12" jellyfish that I was trying to get him to avoid.  I mistakenly thought it might sting him.  He grabbed the whole thing and ran in to the surf, tearing it in two on the way.   I don't know why he had the need to do that, but I'm glad it didn't sting him!



No comments:

Post a Comment