Tuesday, October 18, 2005

No change yet with Lamictal, CURE

John has been on 100mg of Lamictal for about 1 week now and so far we haven't seen any change, either good or bad. Since we're not seeing the side-effects like the last time at this dose, I think we're going to go up another 12.5mg this week.
We've been trying some new techniques recommended by our speech therapist, and they seem to be working. The progress is still slow, but he is definately understanding more than he used to. Hopefully, he will continue to improve.
We've given up on the preschool, and we are scheduling another meeting to talk about what our other options are. We would like some home therapy, but I don't know if they will go for that.

Since John is so much improved, I made the leap and signed up for another Ironman triathlon to take place next June. This time, I'm using a program that is associated with Ironman to raise money for a charity that I feel is very deserving.
The charity is called Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE).
My personal donation page is located here. I've also put the link above the picture on the right side of this page.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:32 AM

    My name is Donna Taylor and i would like to show you my personal experience with Lamictal.

    I am 30 years old. Have been on Lamictal for 12 days now. I've taken 50mg for 12 days. I don't really notice anything different. I'm apprehensive about this medicine because I'm depressed, lethargic, have no energy and my Dr. would not prescribe antidepressants for me. : ( So I'm hoping that this will help with depression first.

    I have experienced some of these side effects-
    itchy arm pits, mild skin discoloration on my fore arm (not sure if either of these are from the medicine)

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Donna Taylor

    ReplyDelete