Tuesday, September 06, 2005

back to 75mg Lamictal

John didn't respond at all to the last little bit of Lamictal we gave him, so we raised his level again to 75mg/day 5 days ago. It doesn't seem to be helping. If anything, his seizures are getting slightly worse and more frequent, though nothing bad at all. I think we need to give him another week at this level and hope things start to get a little better. If not, then we'll have to go see the neurologist again. I'd like to get another EEG done to see if anything has changed, but I doubt he'll be willing to do that. He'll probably opt to change the VNS settings.
I think John might be slowly progressing, which we are happy about. Certainly, he's not picking things up quickly like we hoped, but any progression is good news. I think he is starting to understand more, and he's attempting to say some more words. Everyone tells us that he looks better, so its probably true. I guess it's hard for Yoshie and I to tell since we are with him all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment