Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bike ride

After work today John and I headed out on our first "real" bike ride.  It was only going to be about 5 miles round trip (to my mom's place and back).
The ride started out great.  John was pedaling like a madman and having a blast.   But, just as we got to my mom's place he had a big seizure.   I was able to stop safely but I didn't even bring the magnet to try to stop the seizure.  I also couldn't figure out how to get him off the bike since I have to balance the bike myself.   Once the seizure was complete he puked all over himself.   Thankfully he was able to muster enough energy to get off the bike.  Then, he was completely wasted so we sat on the curb until Yoshie could pick him up.
I learned that I need to bring a change of clothes and the magnet on every ride now.
But, I'm also kind of happy that we proved that a seizure while riding that bike is not dangerous at all.  No other bike would be possible for John to ride.  While it was horrible, it also justified the purchase of this thing and validated all the work that everyone put in to fundraise the money for us to buy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment